Sunday, June 19, 2011

Czech Yo'self.

Ok, so who likes the title of this post? I know, it's corny, but it's better than "Czech It Out!" I mean, how tired is that one?

Anyway, as I'm sure you've guessed by now, the final stop on our trip was in the Czech Republic, more specifically Prague. I really loved Prague and thought it had a lot of character and charm. The architecture was a bit unconventional (lots of spiky buildings), but they don't call it the City of a Thousand Spires for nothing, and I thought it added to the city's unique flava.

View of Prague Castle (pražský hrad) at twilight


 Probably the scariest thing I've ever seen...

 Prašná brána (the Powder Gate) dates back to the 11th century and was one of the 13 original entries into the city of Prague.


 Prague's famous astronomical clock (Pražský orloj), the only working astronomical clock in the world.



 Smiling an indulgent smile whilst Carolyn once again commandeers my camera.




I loves me some cobblestones.




 Old Town Bridge Tower serving as the entrance to Charles Bridge (Karlův most)

 One of around 30 statues along the bridge.

 View from the bridge.

 Babies.
(which reminds me, I hope you've all seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c68dvASusmY)

 Carolyn and I reflectin' in the Vlatava. Don't worry, we're very cool and have lots of friends.


 St. Vitus Cathedral, where Czech kings and queens were coronated and where many of them are now buried.



 View of Lesser Town (Malá Strana) from Prague Castle




Conquistadora.


Haribo stand. I was thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment